iMovie question (Editing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Al Jonson, May 13, 2010.

1. Al Jonson macrumors newbie

I recorded a video. I like what I recorded but I want to edit the audio portion of the video. How do take a portion of the wave from the entire wave. I have examine the menu within iMovie but do not see anything for minute editing. Thanks.

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

First off, which version of iMovie are you using?

3. Al Jonson thread starter macrumors newbie

I am currently using iMovie version 8.0.6. Is there a new version and does it allow what I am requesting?

4. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

As far as I can see, and I'm far from an iMovie expert. If you drag the video clip from the events browser to the main player window (thing) then select it, go to Edit>Detach Audio, it will seperate the audio track enabling you to edit it using 'Clip Trimmer' or however you want to go about it from there.

Any help, or had you already got that far?

5. Al Jonson thread starter macrumors newbie

Forcefield, thank you. I know how to get into the program and even call up the precision screen. What I do not understand is how to remove portions of the audio I want to remove. In other words, silent sections of the audio wave.

6. Al Jonson thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, I noticed this thread has 103 views but only 2 replies other than mine. Where is the help? Obviously, if you read the thread there must be an answer from someone or there should have been.

Well, I found my answer. I contacted Apple Tech. Support finally. The tech. advised me that the best way to achieve my goal was to "Share" the file and transfer it to Garage Band via the Media Browser feature located under the Share Menu Column in iMovie. After you do that, open Garage Band create a New Project under movies. Locate your file. The Video and the Audio appears. There one can delete small portions of the audio file.

And there you have it. I wish I could have discovered the answer a week ago. Wow. :rolleyes::(