iMovie question

david77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
I'm assuming you'd have to sync videos over from iTunes. If so, what's the point?

DoctorK4

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2011
It's for editing video you've shot on your iPad 2 or iPhone 4. In fact, you cannot edit video you've synced from iTunes - only what's in your camera roll.

That's the point.

david77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
It's for editing video you've shot on your iPad 2 or iPhone 4. In fact, you cannot edit video you've synced from iTunes - only what's in your camera roll.

That's the point.
How would you get the video you've shot on the your iPhone 4 to the iPad?

Last edited:

david77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
I guess I'm having hard time seeing why someone would carry the iPad around to shoot video.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
You don't. You would have shot that on the iPad 2 in the first place.
Maybe we should wait and see how the app actually works on the iPad before making assumptions like this. You can already import photos and video from the iPhone (or another camera) to the iPad with the camera connection kit, so perhaps iMovie will support adding compatible videos shot on other devices.

Stirolak123

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2010
What i want to know is if it will have effects and allow you to add transitions, scene cuts with credits or text, and basic stuff final cut has?

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
I guess I'm having hard time seeing why someone would carry the iPad around to shoot video.
So you're sitting somewhere reading a book. All of a sudden your kids do something adorable. Or you brought it with you to amuse yourself while the family drives someplace. Then you see something wonderful. Or you never thought you would care about taking videos, certainly not enough to spend $100 on a video camera, but it's already built into the iPad. Turns out it's really kind of fun.

Does this help?