iMovie Question

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by bld33, Apr 3, 2011.

1. bld33 macrumors newbie

For those of you who use iMovie, could you tell me if I am going to be able to edit video I have filmed on my Canon S95. The videos are in .MOV format and I am able to import them onto the iPad using the camera connection kit. This would be my main use for purchasing iMovie and just don't want to waste $5. Thanks

2. Phil Lee, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

Phil Lee macrumors 6502

I have just got back from holiday in Florida with an S95, an iPad 2 and a camera connection kit. I was able to transfer photos and video to the iPad 2 using the SD card reader from the camera connection kit. I could view the photos and play the video in the Photos app under the imported folder. Unfortunately iMovie couldn't see the videos.

Since getting back today, I've transferred all the photos and video into Aperture and copied them back to the iPad 2 using iTunes. Now the videos won't sync to the iPad at all which I don't understand.

3. bld33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response. I wish Apple would update iMovie with the ability to edit videos such as these. That would make this app very useful. Until then, I guess I'll wait.

4. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

I've spent a couple more hours trying to work out a way to get the videos into iMovie but haven't managed to do it yet.