iMovie question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Glennster, May 13, 2014.

1. Glennster macrumors regular

I want to create a wedding iMovie using both pics and clips from our videographer. Some of the Imovies I have seen on the internet have great video images such as the paramount mountains and swirling text - is all these available in iMovie ?

This is all new territory but wanted to make it a really nice gift for my wife.

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Most of what you are asking for would most likely be available in your Content Library within iMovie. My suggestion would be to create a mockup movie before even trying to do the wedding movie for your wife.

I am only assuming from your post that you have never really used iMovie, so it does take some getting use too. The Help Guide within iMovie and some great YouTube tutorials should get you started.

Have a look in iMovie and see if all the parts you are looking for are in the Content Library. They will be under various things as posted below. If you do not find all the parts such as paramount mountains and swirling text then the movies were most likely create using something most likely on the Pro side. Like Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.

Attached Files:

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That sounds very much like a Movie Trailer that you can make with iMovie. The Image/text is not available for insertion into your Project.

4. FindYourLane007 macrumors newbie

Help..! PLEASE

I am a beginner at using iMovie and I have learned a lot and actually posted to my Youtube page some of my videos via iMovie and I love it! Though I have run into an issue that i have been unable to solve in iMovie 9.0.9, I hope you can help me here.

I have a video that consist of me speaking and I have imported images as well. I have figured how to use the Precision Editor to where the images begin to appear and narration continues in the background. But here is the problem, I am unable to pick back up on the actual video of me speaking after images are finished displaying. I found an alternate way but my audio drops out, there has to be a more effective way in performing this. Please help.:(:confused::apple:

5. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

Are you using the latest iMovie?

If so, you should be able to pull the audio down from the video (I think this is how it is done) and that separates it. I think you can split the video portion and insert pictures/video in-between.

Sorry, I am not using iMovie right now or I could look more into it.

----------

You should be able to use iMovie Trailers and insert the movie...at the very least, export the trailer and then reimport it and use that at the beginning of the movie.

Best of luck to you!

**I do photo/video slideshows each year for my kids birthdays to show the year "in review"

6. FindYourLane007 macrumors newbie

I am using version iMovie 9.0.9

----------

I am using iMovie version 9.0.9

7. Dodger69 macrumors newbie

imovie updates and special effects are not working

I updated Imovie, but am having a problem with the freeze and hold last frame(it freezes the first frame) and also it saves it as .mp4 instead of .mov so make it hard to upload from youtube. For some reason Youtube doesnt like to upload anything with an .mp4 at the end of it. And I can't see how to save it otherwise in my files. Any ideas?

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

If you want to add a freeze frame from content in your iMovie library, move the cursor to the point in the clip where you’d like the frame and right click. From menu >Add Still Frame to Project. The still frame will be added to the end of the current project. The frame will last for four seconds. You can adjust its length by double-clicking on it to produce the Inspector window and changing its duration in the appropriate field.

You can also add a freeze frame from content that appears in the project area. Move your cursor to where you’d like to create the frame, right click >Add Freeze Frame. The frame is created at the point where you placed your cursor, rather than placed at the end of the clip.

[​IMG]

As for adding it to Youtube, just click on Share which brings up an option menu on how you want to save the rendered movie. Youtube is one of those options, which will allow you to directly export the movie to Youtube.

Attached Files: