iMovie Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacMosher, Apr 12, 2007.

1. MacMosher macrumors 6502

MacMosher

Hey

ok so I am just about done my slide show/video year book. But on the last two sections I am trying to put pictures in and it makes each one automatically 5mins long (who would ever want to put a 5min picture in a video?).

Anyway I know I can go in and change them all one by one by adjusting the photo settings, but it seems to me there should be a way to set them up as like say 3 seconds and then if I wanted to adjust here and there by a second afterwards I can just drag and extend.

Anyway I tried the help file and couldn't find anything. Any suggestions?

2. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Easy.

1.) With the clips visible in the timeline, click on one once to highlight it.

2.) Go to "Edit > Select All"

3.) All of the clips will now have a blue tint to them, indicating they are all selected.

4.) Click the Media button, and then click the Photos tab.

5.) Click the Show Photo Settings button. In the Photo Settings window that appears, enter the time you want each slide to be displayed in the Time field (the field next to the tortoise and hare icons), and click Update. All the selected slides will be adjusted to that length.

You can apply the same transition to a group of clips by just highlighting all of them, choosing the transition, and clicking "Apply".

MD

3. MacMosher thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMosher