Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chicken Warrior

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
Hi,
I just went back to revisit an iMovie project I had created with iMovie 3. As you all know, iMovie 3 creates data-dependant quicktime files for exporting to iDVD/other burning software. Oddly enough, the film is completely different in the quicktime copy than the actual project (which is refusing to open certain clips). If the quicktime copy DOES open these clips, they're obviously on the computer somewhere, but aren't properly integrated in the project.

I want to edit the movie as is seen in the quicktime copy, but it's too long to load onto a new imovie project (over 9 mins), and Final Cut Pro doesn't recognize the data-dependant quicktime files. What is a program I can use to open and convert/edit these quicktime files? Or some way to split them so they can load back onto iMovie? I've tried Mov2DVParts, but it's not working properly either.

Should I shell out for Quicktime pro? Would it even work? Is there some way to burn the quicktime file and reload it as data?

Thanks for any help!

- CW

Chicken Warrior

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
Just to answer my own question, I transfered the file on LiveType. Now I can split it up on FCP and load it back to iMovie.

Chicken Warrior

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
Just to answer my own question, I transfered the file on LiveType. Now I can split it up on FCP and load it back to iMovie.

GRRR!!! Final Cut is still not accepting it. It's about 28 mins, is this too long? What's a program this will load on? Help, someone? Anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.