iMovie really? Apple enable your own app for multitasking!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by CrAkD, Aug 15, 2012.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I have tried to upload an HD video to facebook 4x now. I have gotten phone calls or texts and if you do anything well this thing is uploading it just flipping aborts! Apple you created multitasking and imovie how hard is it to enable one for the other.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

First, apple did not create multitasking.

Two, it's video editing on a mobile device, it's a RAM limitation.

3. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Do you think I meant they created multitasking entirely? Really? I meant they created multitasking on THEIR device. Where if you need a "Task accomplished" and you switch apps the task will finish in the background. They are the ones that advertised this feature. Secondly the video editing is done. We are talking about uploading to facebook. Another feature they advertised during the multitasking keynote. if a file is uploading it can upload in the background.

4. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

You aren't just uploading it. It has to compress the video, which takes a lot of resources.

5. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

well i was uploading in HD but even then it splits the process up in "exporting video" and "uploading video" if anything happens during either part even just the uploading the whole thing aborts.

6. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

I tried publishing a video to YouTube from the Photos app in HD, and it was able to do it in the background. In that case, it must be possible with the iPhone's resources. So I agree that Apple should really allow iMovie to publish in the background.

7. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

after doing it to Facebook 4x and failing i exported it from iMovie and did it from the photos app to youtube and it worked in the background fine. a ton faster too.

8. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Jailbreak and use Quasar for true background execution.