iMovie: Resizing Video Question. Please HELP a newbie! =)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DiakyDiaz, Dec 5, 2013.

1. DiakyDiaz, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013

DiakyDiaz macrumors newbie

Hello Mac Community! :)

I have a quick question for iMovie Superstars! I have what I thought was a simple question YET i can't find the answer anywhere :confused:

I have a video project in iMovie. I would like to "shrink" or resize the video on the screen (NOT CROP) and then add a thick black border around it. So, imagine you're watching the finished video and it's shrunk within the screen, with a black screen or border around it. It's the opposite of "fit to screen".
    I will then add text on the black border.

Seems (to me) like a simple question...?! Are you an iMovie Master?? Can you PLEEEASE send me the magic answer to my problem???

I would also hire someone for an hour to teach me!

Praying For Help.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Which iMovie are you using. In iMovie11(v9), you can zoom in, but you can't zoom out to get what you want. I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to do it in the latest version.

However, you could insert a Title and then drop your video clip on top of it and then choose the Picture in Picture option. You might have to experiment with the various Titles to get the text where you want it. Again, that's for iMovie11.