iMovie Settings @ Videography Tips,Help & Advice

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AntJon82, Jan 27, 2012.

1. AntJon82 macrumors member

AntJon82

Im a Macbook Pro Early 2011 13" with 8 gig's of system memory & also im an Intermediate Video Editor I Use iMovie 11 with 720-1080p AVCHD & MP4 Files video files and i wanted to know whats the best export settings for youtube and whats the best file type i can export too for tge finished videos
    i want the best quality and sound along with the file under 900mb
    CAN ANYBODY HELP ME
    DETAILED HELP AND ADVICE IS WELCOMED THKS
    i use a panasonic tm90 and canon sx40 for pics and vids:D

P.S. i dont use final cut pro its too complicated and im not used too it

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I believe YouTube's limits are 15 minutes or 2Gb. Pick the export option that gets you closest to these. If you are over the 2Gb limit, you could then use something like MPEGStreamclip to compress it using the h264 option.

3. AntJon82 thread starter macrumors member

AntJon82

i need to know what are the best settings for exporting videos too youtube in 720-1080p the file types for best quailty and sound and the export settings

4. simsaladimbamba

Haven't you tried iMovie > Share > YouTube > 1080p or iMovie > Share > Export Movie (CMD+E) or are you stuck at iMovie > Share > Export using QuickTime?

You could try the latter and use the Apple Intermediate Codec for video cmpression and Linear PCM for audio compression and then either use HandBrake or MPEG Streamclip to make an .mp4 file either with a good preset (HB) or appropriate settings in MPEG Streamclip.

But as you only want a YouTube video, why not use the Share > YouTube option? Maybe give us more information, what is wrong with that, otherwise we only guess.

Or do you have an iMovie version downloaded from TPB and the "crack" does not allow you to do it properly?

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You could try each one, view them and make your own decision. You wouldn't have to upload them, just watch them on your Mac and pick the one that is best for you.

6. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

TBP has a copy from the ilife disk. You don't need a crack, it doesn't ask for a serial.

I don't see why you're insinuating the person got it through torrents while it's more likely that he's a) foreign or b) too lazy to write a proper post and comment on it.

7. simsaladimbamba

I was alluding to a former, now deleted thread, of the OP, where s/he asked about his or her torrented Lion version. And I also allude to another thread, where the OP asks the same question thrice without even a hint of actual effort in reading some posts of the threads. I should have posted in CAPS though (another allusion).
    And I know about all that crack and serial number ****.