Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dadada2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
I just started using imovie 6. I'm trying to add a openning theme, I add my pictures, title, it previews fine, but when it finshes up rendering it disappear from the timeline :rolleyes: how can i fix this?

MEDIAWiRX

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2006
Rendering Issues....

Hey the issue is with the hard drive format you are using. Most likely, you are using an external hard drive to save and edit your movies with. Even if this is not the case, you should check this tip out and make sure you are compliant with iMovie 6 and its new quirks.

You need to have Journaling enabled on the drive you are saving, rendering and editing your movies on. Go to APPLICATIONS>UTILITIES>DISK UTILITY and select the hard drive that you are using to do this on. If it is set to Fat 32 iMovie wont save any renders you are applying to in your movies. I ran into this issue, and it took me two weeks to find the answer, and it WASNT on the Apple support forums. :( What a pain in the ass, but I found it and it worked. If your drive is not set to MAC OS X format with Journaling enabled, then you need to format the drive to do so. You will also need to take all the info that is stored on that drive and put it somewhere else so that you dont loose it, as formating will remove all of the info stored on the drive as well.

After you format the drive to the correct specs, you can replace your files onto the drive, and try rendering again. I am almost 100% sure this will fix your issue. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.