iMovie to iDvd

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knitcrazy, Mar 25, 2012.

1. knitcrazy macrumors newbie

I need some help so I hope some one can help me. I have a MacBook and I have a project made in iMovie. It is still pictures with music added to it. What steps do I need to do so that I can make a dvd. I am sure there is a step that I missed because when I open iDvd and drag my project a yellow flag comes up and says MENU HAS EMPTY DROP ZONES. Please help I do not know what i still need to do in iMovie Thanks Jackie

2. knitcrazy thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure

When I was at the Apple store at the workshop they said I had to first Share-Media Browser which I did- Do I have to go up the the menu bar File- Finalize Project. There seems to be a step that I am missing. Am sure the step you told me is fine but there is a step before that?????? Need help

3. Laurencia7 macrumors 6502

Jackie, what version IMovie do you have? If you have a deadline, or if you don't I can make a tutorial video for you. Basically there are a few ways to make IMovie projects into iDvds. The share option in the image above works, but if you are getting "empty drop zones" you need to fill them or choose a basic menu from the lists.

If you still need help, let me know, I can make a quick video on it.

4. knitcrazy thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it thanks!!!!

I found out that I needed to move the movie into the drop zone. Well I did it and the yellow caution sign went away. Boy do I feel stupid. I just finished watching it on TV and it came out like it should. Sometimes it is the small things that I get stumped on. Thanks

5. Laurencia7 macrumors 6502

nP< we all get there sometimes, I can't say how many times I got stumped.