iMovie to Motion?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cwazytech, Aug 10, 2009.

1. cwazytech macrumors 6502

cwazytech

I put together a video in iMovie that I'd like to spruce up in Motion. I know I have to get the file open in Final Cut first but I don't know how to get the complete version of my movie to FC. I've googled this and every solution offered only sends the videos over. It doesn't send the music, transitions, and other adjustments over. I could export it but I don't want to lose any quality since I plan on re-exporting it to Apple TV mode. Any suggestions?

2. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

Sorry, your out of luck.:(

The only way to get your project over to Motion is to export it out to a movie file. Just export it as an uncompressed 8 bit quicktime file and you won't lose any quality.

3. cwazytech thread starter macrumors 6502

cwazytech

Well thanks. Doesn't seem like I'm too out of luck. I just want to get it there without losing quality.

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Well if you are worried about the audio being out of sync surely you could export the video from imovie, then import to fcp/motion, make the adjustments.

Meanwhile you delete the video track from imovie and export the blank video but with the audio and then compile the two back in imovie or FCP.

If its quality the more exports, imports and conversions you do is going to affect it!