iMovie transitions query

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by snerkler, Apr 23, 2012.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

HI,

Can you change the fade in/out duration and/or curves in the iMovie transitions? If so how do you do it, I can't find any advice in the iMovie help?

Cheers.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yes the duration can be changed individually for each transition or globally for all of them per project. Once you have a transition inserted, click on it and then bring up the properties box. In there you will find the settings for changing duration.

3. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your reply. I know how to change the duration but was wondering if you can change how fast/slow the video &/or audio changes within the transition, and if you can change the curves, ie how it fades? (how steeply etc). If you look at the fades in the transition they are linear, and the audio does not start to fade straight away and then fades very steeply.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to customize those things in iMovie. You'll likely need a much more professional application to do those types of things.

5. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK, thanks. I much prefer FCP X but my free trial has expired and I don't have a spare £200 to buy it right now so having to make do with iMovie :(