Imovie Tutorial Anyone?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mortmonster, Oct 12, 2012.

1. mortmonster macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am not new to macs, but I am new to video editing. Now I have Imovie 11 on my macbook pro, and have been told that this is good for basic home editing. I am only really interested in cutting down video's taken on my digital camera, and possible adding things like music etc... To upload to youtube and to send to friends.

So can anyone tell me of any really good tutorials, or suggest other software.

Thanks

Sam

2. Lebowski, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012

Lebowski macrumors 6502

i imagine doing a google search for imovie tutorials would probably not yield any results...

nor would looking on apple.com/support.....

and not to be a jerk, but if you cant find your way around iMovie, I dont know of any other software that would be easier to use....

3. mortmonster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Mate. No offence taken. I have looked at the video's on the Apple website. However they didnt really give me the level of insight I was after. I know how to import from my video camera etc...

And I could probably blag my way around the software. However I wanted to find out if anyone had a link to either a website, or a book I could buy which would really show my way around it. I have looked on amazon, but I wondered if anyone could give me more of an insight of which would be best for my needs.

And I was asking about other software as I did not know. To make it clear, I am in the Army, and wanted something so I could cut and paste other headcams together to make small movies of semi interesting stuff we do. Thats what I am really interested in.

4. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

5. mortmonster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Will spend a few hours this evening watching and playing. Just what I was after!

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Take the time to work through iMovie Help. Most of what you want to do will be covered in there.

7. Cam1 macrumors newbie

Cam1

8. WriteGal50 macrumors newbie

WriteGal50

Need IMovie help as well....

I can't seem to get my QuickTime movie to attach to Imovie, so I thought it was the .mov extention on it, so I change it to .mpg; it made no difference. I've tried to other Movie programs that work great and accepts my movies, IMovie will not accept them. Been going through this for over a week! Why am I not using the other movie programs, then? Because one is a trial version which leaves Watermarks on the movie, and the other one won't turn my movie around like I need it to. When I transferred it from my phone, it came out sideways on my computer and this other program flips it from side to side, but not up like I need it to. Why won't IMovie allow me to attach it? It shows up grey...unattachable!

----------

By the way, I have IMovie O8 and I've read the IMovie handbook and watched tutorials.

9. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine