iMovie video import issue

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by nephron8, Oct 15, 2012.

1. nephron8 macrumors regular

Hello,
    My best friend did lot of videos during recent ceremony and made up some 20 gb of videos

Now issue is he want to join all of them and make segment wise according to ceremony conducted

He has 4S iPhone 16 gb. Due to size , he had to take out video to his laptop and now he cant import them in camera roll.

If he syncs video, it goes in video application and iMovie fails to import them.

What are our options ??

Thanks.

Ps. Its running on iOS 6 so no jailbreak and iPhone browser wont work.

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

If you do put the videos in the directory your desktop photos are synched from to your iOS, it should synch to the camera roll.

If it doesn't, you have the following choices:

- use a desktop tool to join the video. I recommend iVI and MP4Tools for this. QT7 Pro is also capable of this but it doesn't physically make tracks one.

- use PhotoSync ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photosync-wirelessly-transfers/id415850124?mt=8 ) to avoid having to go thru iTunes' Photo synching.

- use an iOS movie editor capable of accessing the synched Videos, not only the camera roll; for example, Pinnacle Studio ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pinnacle-studio/id552100086?mt=8 ).

I, however, would definitely go with joining the segments on the desktop.

3. big.mama macrumors member

4. nephron8 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for reply.
    We will try this and report back how it goes.
    His laptop is quite limited hardware wise.
    So we thought 4s can do much quicker job.

5. amdisflores macrumors newbie

amdisflores

I have my files in .M4v format after doing the whole handbrake thing, tried importing them to iPhoto, Any suggestion ?