iMovie video on YouTube not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by willmeuk, Jan 3, 2009.

1. willmeuk macrumors newbie

I have a webcam that uploads a new image to my server every 2 minutes. I then put these photos into iPhoto so I can import them easily into iMovie 6 (so they are in the correct order). The images are .jpg and are about 50-60k in size.

I import them using the photo settings that say the speed is 0.03 seconds. This works great for me as I create a timelapse of each day. My problem comes to uploading the videos to youtube. I need advice on which settings to use.

I have tried the web streaming option but the quailty is too poor so I tried expert settings by making the size 640x480 (the original size of my photos) and changing the compression to "photo jpeg" but youtube acts weird with these settings. For the normal quality, it completely misses the first 5 or so seconds of the video and in high quality it plays the first 2 seconds then stops.

Anyone have any ideas? All i require is the correct settings to display my timelapse video of .jpg's on youtube using iMovie 6 (Please note: it is not my internet connection as I can watch HD videos without any problems, etc)

Thanks for your time!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you tried this?
    Or that?
    Or those?

For me it worked, setting the video to the highest available settings using .h264 and having an upload-able file size.

3. willmeuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you - yes, I had seen the first and last ones already but they don't help with my situation where I have on average over 300 images in the timeline with a 0.03 second speed for each one with youtube missing the start of the video. I just need someone who has already done maybe a slideshow of their holiday photos and what settings they used for uploading it to youtube as the tutorials and guides I have read are only for videos that were just imported into iMovie then exported.