iMovie video won't export to library

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orange42, Jun 29, 2010.

1. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I just made a 5 minute video with one song and mostly pictures and it will not export to my library. It just crashes after like 10 seconds no matter what size I try. What could be the problem?

2. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

3. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes and got no luck from that. If I delete it and redownload it I assume it will delete the video I just made correct? Because I just spent about two hours on it.

4. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

It may be a conflicting app as well. Trying going into the multitask and hard closing everything, power cycle phone, restart iMovie and try exporting.

Otherwise it sounds like you're at the point of deleting the app and redownloading unfortunately. I had to do that with Atomic Browser on my iPad since one day it simply quit keeping the history log. On a whim I tried Clearing History and it gave me a Not Found type error message.

I'm borderline lazy so if that didn't work for me I would break out the nuclear option and backup my phone then Erase All Contents and Settings and essentially have iTunes reinstall iOS4 then reactivate as new phone (vs backup)

5. thelumpya2 macrumors regular

thelumpya2

I'm having the same issue with a 3 minute video I made. Crashes the app every time I try to export, sometimes it crashes the whole phone.. I've redownloaded the app, I've restarted the phone, I've done everythign I can think of and It simply will not export

6. lnferno macrumors 6502

Add me to the list of people who are experiencing this problem :(

7. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

i made a thread about this a few days ago. everyone told me to delete and reinstall the app. So thats what I did but of course deleting the app made me lose the video so I havent tried exporting since doing that yet.

8. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Same thing has happened to me. Made a 3 min vid and no matter what size I choose to export, it just crashes. I power cycled the phone, but that didn't help. I was thinking about deleteing and de downloading, but I didn't want to lose my vid. I am hoping they would come out with an update so I don't have to make it all over again. I may just try though. Who knows when an update will be available, and there's no sense keeping a video I can't do anything with.

9. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So has anyone had any success uploading an iMovie over 3 minutes long?

10. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Do you mean export?

I did one last night that was 14m01s at 720P. I just realized it has no still pictures in it. But I have done a couple over 3 min that did have still pics in it.

Took about 20 min for that big one to export and was 1.08gb in size [​IMG]

11. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

tried again crashes again. Im going to wait until its updated. i deleted reinstalled. did a test movie exported fine. did another big movie. crash.

12. lnferno macrumors 6502

It crashed trying to export a movie less than 2 minutes. I don't think that the size matters.

13. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

14. lnferno macrumors 6502

Well shoot. I deleted iMovie and then re-downloaded and installed it but to no avail. It still won't export :(

15. lnferno macrumors 6502