iMovie will not install?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nougatine2005, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Nougatine2005 macrumors newbie

Nougatine2005

Hello,

I hope that somebody can help me! I bought the imovie app from the app store a few days ago (checked account, it's bought and payed for!). Unfortunately I just can't get it to install on my computer (MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8)?

What I've done so far:
    Checked that Macbook software is up to date.

Clicked on install via app store - app begins to install, the imovie app appears in the dock, but once installation is "complete" icon disappears from dock, and app is not to be found anywhere on the Macbook (search using Finder/manual search, nothing). According to app store, app is installed?

If I log out of the app store and then re-inlog then open my apps, it tells me that imovie app is ready to install. Computer restart doesn't help. Also tried downloading two other apps worked perfectly! No help found on apple support discussion.

So, can't understand what is going on here :confused:

Or am I being totally stupid and missing something very obvious:(

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I would:
    Open "Disk Utility" and repair permissions.
    Go to applications folder to see if you got anything named "iMovie" if yes, move somewhere else. Check "iMovie (previous version)" folder too

3. Nougatine2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nougatine2005

Thanks for your quick answer. I've just tried repairing permissions, no luck unfortunately. Also checked the applications folder, nothing. Remaining a complete mystery :mad: