Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PegM4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2011
This all worked fine until I had to get a new HD due to a recall for computers purchased last June. Ugh! Now with the HD replaced and the OS X re-installed, when I open iMovie 11 and plug in my camcorder and set it to Computer, nothing happens. The import window doesn't open and I can't use any of the file>import menu items.

When I try "Import from camera" it turns on my computer's built in camera.
When I try any of the other import options and click my way to the video files on my camcorder (Canon Vixia HFM300) everything is grayed out.

One of the things that excited me most when I first got my iMac was that when I plugged my camcorder into it, it just worked. None of the hassle that I had with my PC. That seems to have changed with the new HD replacement. Can't figure out what is so different.

Thanks for any help.
Peg:(

PegM4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2011
iMovie working again

For some reason, after a reboot>restart iMovie>reconnect camcorder, the import window popped right up just like it should.

Thanks for taking the time to try to help.

Peg

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
Oh, then I bet was the connect camera, switch it on, then open your editor trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.