iMovie won't open

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Twe Foju, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

everytime i clicked on iMovie, it cant open, and leaving an error message saying this application has quit unexpectedly

this were the report

any solution? this sucks so much :mad:
    just a 2 days old MBP and already this :mad:

2. Twe Foju thread starter macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

ok, so i've checked into apple's site about this i movie has quit unexpectedly info

and it suggest that we do an update on Quicktime or remove any 3rd party plug-ins which i obviously dont have cause i just bought my MBP and have not yet install anything except for Firefox and MSN Messenger

and i did update my Quicktime and iMovie still quit unexpectedly even after i restart my MBP

and it told me to do these steps:

The Toast Video CD Export plug-in is installed in the iMovie package. To see if this is installed, follow these steps:

1. Locate the iMovie 3 application icon in the Finder. It should be in the Applications folder.
    2. Click the application icon to select it.
    3. Choose File > Get Info.
    4. In the Get Info window that appears, select the Plug-ins pane as indicated: For Mac OS 10.1 through 10.1.5, choose Plug-ins from the pop-up menu. For Mac OS 10.2 or later, click the disclosure triangle next to Plug-ins.
    5. Scroll through the list of plug-ins and deselect the Toast Video CD Export option if it is present.

but i dont quite get what they meant by iMovie 3 and i couldn't find any apps named iMovie 3 except iMovie itself

here's the complete link btw
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93203

anyone? :(

3. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

The same thing was happening to me until I installed the iMovie update and restarted. Have you run software update?

4. Twe Foju thread starter macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

not for iMovie

i just did 3 software update

for Quicktime, Security 1.1 and the 2007-009 update thing

ok, i should try and update the ****en iMovie now

i'll report back in a moment

and i damn hope that'd work :)

5. Twe Foju thread starter macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

6. Allstermac macrumors member

Allstermac

Little known secret... I spent hours fiddling around ...apple was clueless, then I did the updates...works fine