Imovie wont upload to Youtube

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vikdane, Jul 29, 2016.

1. vikdane macrumors newbie

The title explains itself..

Whenever I make movies, I use iMovie (10.1.2). Usually I just do it for my own pleasure, but lately I feel like I want to post some stuff on YouTube. But here the problem kicks in.

So I am done with my project, and I want to upload it. exactly halfway through I get the message (in Danish, will try to translate)..

"Publishing to Youtube failed. The action could not be performed. (Unauthorized)".

I created another gmail account just for this purpose, so I would really like it to work.

Any idea what to do?

Thanks

2. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

Try exporting your movie to desktop first then upload the movie from Youtube.

3. vikdane thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. How do I do that?

4. Macmonter macrumors regular

Macmonter

IngerMan is right! Upload to YouTube from your desktop by going to your YT channel and selecting "Upload" which then should display your desktop items including your video.

I upload all my YT videos after first rendering the iMovie project to a Quicktime using the highest possible quality. I've found that an uploaded QT is displayed with better quality on YT than a video uploaded directly from iMovie. However, the QT upload time is longer!

5. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

You can export the iMovie as a file instead of YouTube or FB, etc. Just export it to a destination where you will find it when you upload on the YouTube menu.

6. vikdane thread starter macrumors newbie