iMovie --> Youtube

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MyDesktopBroke, Sep 12, 2008.

1. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

I have a video I want to upload to Youtube (made in iMovie 3.0.3). If I use Full Quality export on iMovie, the file is 1.34gb, which is out of the question. If I use the next best quality (CD rom), the video is 31mb, which looks okay on my computer, but it's frame rate was **** on Youtube. I'm not a video editor or anything, so iMovie's "Expert Export" options baffles me.

What should I do in the expert export to have file that's smaller than a gigabyte, but will upload good on Youtube?

2. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

If you have the latest version of iLife, you can export straight to Youtube from by clicking 'share' in the menu bar.

I'm guessing you don't though so I don't really know.

3. Corrado33 macrumors member

4. wojo4hitz macrumors newbie

hey there... we are having the exact same problem and still haven't figured out a way to get this to work... we've googled everything and tried a milllion different settings... did you ever figure it out?! we have iMovie 6.0... apparently iMovie 8.0 has some option where you can automatically export to youtube, but 6.0 doesn't... so have you found any settings that worked?? please let us know!!!!

~two confused girls.

5. wojo4hitz macrumors newbie

hey there, we are having the same problem and tried clicking on your link, but it doesn't appear to work anymore. is there a new link you recommend? we're still lost!

~two confused girls.