iMovie??!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by AppleTalker, Oct 22, 2013.

1. AppleTalker, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013

AppleTalker macrumors member

So i upgraded to iMove and now i have 3 iMovie applications. The one that's the new version is like this: http://gyazo.com/c72653e57e66bc8bacd37a389fe9d052

^ But it still works. Nothing is downloading, this time no bar, nothing. Should i delete all 3 of the applications an re-download them? :/

Very, very, very confused.

I'm thinking if i delete all the iMovie applications, i can re-download iMovie form the app store?

2. mikecwest, Oct 22, 2013

mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

Try moving them out of your Applications folder, running system update and trying again. If that works, delete the ones that you moved out.

3. madmacfan, Oct 22, 2013

madmacfan macrumors 6502

Do a SMC and PRAM reset, then follow the steps "mikecwest" has given, that should hopefully clear things up.

4. AppleTalker, Oct 22, 2013

AppleTalker thread starter macrumors member

I looked it up. I DO NOT want to un-screw anything out of my MPB, with the SMC and PRAM rest. I'm very bad at these things and don't want to destroy anything. Would DELETING the 3 iMove apps and re-downloading the newest one work?

5. madmacfan, Oct 22, 2013

madmacfan macrumors 6502

You don't need to unscrew anything out of your MBP, Turn the MBP off, Connect the charger, turn the MBP on and immediately upon hearing the chime hold down command, option (left alt key) p and r keys, the mac will reboot and you will hear the chime again, keep holding down the keys and do not let go until your mac has chimed at least 3 times (the screen will flash, thats normal), on the third chime, let go and allow the mac to boot. Login and remove the offending iMovie apps and download the latest version.

6. AppleTalker thread starter macrumors member

You are a lifesaver! I not only, helped with the iMovie apps, it also made sleep/wake time like i just got an new MPB ;) Thanks man!

7. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Ive another problem with iMovie..
    At first I had the same as you but it was gone after restart.
    But now I have an iMovie folder in the Application folder called 'iMovie 9.0.9' additionally to the new one.

What should I do? Just delete the folder? (yes, its just a folder and no package like other applications..)

Thanks!

8. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I had that folder, along with an iMovie 9.0.9 application inside it. I just deleted the folder, and it didn't seem to have any ill effects.

When I updated Pages, Numbers and Keynote it also left the old versions behind (they were originally installed from DVD into a folder called iLife '09). I deleted those old versions as well, and all seems fine.

I think they need to do a bit of work on their update mechanism so it tidies up properly.