iMovie08 - A Thicko Asks ....

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by BruceEBonus, Dec 31, 2007.

1. BruceEBonus macrumors 6502a

BruceEBonus

Aye!. Sorry 'Bout readers ... its my first Mac after all .. anyway its file compatibility thats what is being asked here ...

I wrongly presumed that iMovie would 'see' my AVI and MPG movies done via Windows. D'oh!. Nope. JPGS?. Nae worries, Quicktime? Aye!. So whats the deal?. Do I have to convert em first to Quicktime or does IMovie 08 have other formats it can accept?.

Excuse my ignorance here ... the grinning ninny-genius (their official title) in the AppleStore told me it was a breeze. Yes - if the breeze is coming in your direction and the words Quick and Time are included when mentioning File Formats.... Well!.

Anyway - all help appreciated .. just tell me what proggy you'd recommend to convert and if so -- what to?.

Er .. thats it. Oh no.. just one more thing...

Happy New Year Tae Ane An' A'!!!! Aye....:)

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

iMovie is Quicktime-based, so if Quicktime can open it, you should be able to edit it.

This includes some AVI files. Just make sure you're using standard AVI codecs, not proprietary stuff. Windows generally is not good when it comes to industry-standard video formats and cross-platform compatibility. I think the best thing to do would be to render your video files to Quicktime directly from the source material on your Windows computer, if your Windows computer allows such a thing.

Whaaat?

3. BruceEBonus thread starter macrumors 6502a

BruceEBonus

Ilka mickle maks a muckle etc... as it were .. and a happy new year regardless!

translation on request