iMovie11 question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by wnowickiz1, Apr 30, 2011.

1. wnowickiz1 macrumors newbie

Bought a Macbook Pro this past February, love it.

I am becoming a heavy user of iMovie11 and have produced some cool movies. I have a Panasonic TM 700 HD video camera.

I hosted a premier last night of a movie and was slightly frustrated with the video quality of the DVD. It is not HD, but looks OK. The sound is very good.

I then hooked up my Macbook to the TV (HDMI) and viewed the movie (which was shared to media browser) through iMovie. I setup in preferences to ensure the output was 1080i. Video looked a lot better, but the sound of the background music overshadowed the voice on the people on the movie. Not sure why this changed.

What should I do to maximize the video quality and have the audio match the version I edited?

Thanks.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

3. wnowickiz1 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Mr.Texor macrumors regular

If you don't want to connect your mac every time you want to watch the HD video or if you want to share your blockbuster movie with friends and family, then you can buy a bluray burner and an app to burn bluray disks.

http://eshop.macsales.com/articles/howto-burn-bluray-toast

There might be a better way, I'm not sure... The bluray burners start at around $150.

5. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

Are you shooting in HD or SD? You can adjust the audio level in your clips. Make your adjustments, play it back to make sure its where you want it before you burn it. I usually drop it more because its easier to raise the volume on the tv.