iMovie3_to_DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mcalder, Oct 22, 2008.

1. mcalder macrumors newbie

I am a real novice on iMovie and need help. I made a movie with iMovie 3. I then made a Quicktime movie of my project and emailed it to someone with a PC. He has Quicktime on his PC but was unable to open my Quicktime attachment. Then I made a CD of my Quicktime movie but he was still unable to view the CD on his computer. I don't have a DVD disc burner on my computer and our intention was for him to use my CD to then burn a DVD on his computer. I would now like to buy my own external DVD disc writer. Any ideas as to why kind of DVD disc burner I should buy or any ideas as to why we couldn't make this work on his PC? I guess I need lots of help. Many thanks.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

External burners cannot be used with iDVD unless you have version 5 or later. As far as QuickTime files being incompatible cross platform, what you will need to compare is the version of QuickTime you have on your Mac and what version your friend has on his PC. I know that some audio codec support was removed from 6-7 and even for the dot updates in 7, but the video should still be viewable at the very least.