imovieHD export problem

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by matthews1492, Aug 17, 2007.

1. matthews1492 macrumors member

Hi everyone!

I finally made my first computer edited movie and wow I can see how this could be addicting. I have been using ImovieHd and the video is 4 minutes 30 seconds long. The problem is, that the at around 2:30 in the exported file, the video image will freeze, but the audio keeps going. I have tried using all the different presets and the only one that works for the entire video to export is AVI. This downgrades the quality though and takes much longer. Is this a common bug in Imovie and is there a workaround? Also anything to avoid with the video source files to prevent this in the future?

Thanks!

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Hi!

I have heard about this a few times before, so I think it is a common problem, but I don't work with iMovie very much so I don't have a solution for you right away.

Is the movie you're editing in standard definition or is it HDV?

3. matthews1492 thread starter macrumors member

Standard format, 640x480. The only oddity that I did was using .mpg video clipds, I had to convert them with mpeg streamclip in order to make the audio work. Could this corrupt them? ALthough if I delete or rearrange the clips it always freezes the video around 2:30.