iMovieHD stiff (not smooth) export to .mov format.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bmcgonag, Apr 17, 2007.

1. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I make a podcast each week, and have recently started a second one. I used my video camera on 16:9 due to the amount of movement. I did the same things ai do every week for the other podcast, which works fine btw, but is in 4:3 format.

The problem is when I export, i use expert settings, and select 640x480 (for ipod) then check the box for 'keep aspect ratio by letterboxing'. I set the audio to 16 bit, mono, 24000...nothing special.

I share (export) and then the movie is all jacked up! the audio is fine, but the video seems to skip a lot of frames, which makes it look extremely jumpy, lot a lot of 1 second stills put together.

Any ideas why?

BTW, I have tried exporting it in multiple different aspect ratios, pixel counts, etc...and only if i do export straight to the iPod will it come out smooth, but then the quality is really low. I just want it to be a little better for those who use iTunes or the like to watch.

Thanks,

Brian

2. Algernon89 macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem. I edit videos for YouTube and .mov is the best-quality format, but now I can't use it.

Help?!