iMovieHd to FinalCut HD?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by carnageehw, Oct 31, 2007.

1. carnageehw macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I'm editing an HD music video for my buddy, and he had to rent an expensive deck in order for us to capture (his cameraman ditched him) so we only had a few hours to digitize footage. Final Cut wouldn't recognize the deck, so we used imovie based on out short timeline.

So question is....can I get this footage into final cut pro 4 HD in any way?

Any way would be great, no matter how long or how much space it would take.
    Thanks a ton.

2. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

Do an Export from iMovie as a "QuickTime Movie." Go into the settings and choose DV as the codec, and have the audio match whatever the audio is in Final Cut (48kHz, uncompressed in my case). That should let Final Cut work with it without having to render anything.

3. carnageehw thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot. I found another way as well, if anyone is interested. Right click the imovie icon of whatever the project is called and click "show package contents. In MEDIA is where all the captured files are. Move those files to a new folder and import them into final cut.

Thanks a ton for a back up.

4. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

Cool... yeah I've had problems just taking the .dv files from inside the iMovie package and putting them into FinalCut. Usually FC wants me to render the audio and such, but good to see you've got it working. :)