iMovie's New Look Confuses Me - Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Duckman1981, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Duckman1981 macrumors newbie

Hello. :)

I have a bit of an issue in using iMovie since I upgraded my OS to Yosemite. Before the upgrade, iMovie usually had a window divided into 3 different panes. One of which was a timeline where you could drag/drop a video clip for it to be edited. However, after the upgrade I can't seem to find this feature!

I don't know what to do as I've been using iMovie for my video projects for about 3 years now, and this change takes place as I was getting used to it. It almost confused me when upgrading to Maverick, but not as much as this.

How do I get it to look the way it did before? I don't want to have to find a replacement app for my video editing. :(

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You will only see the Timeline after Creating a new Project.

Which version of iMovie were you using before upgrading to Yosemite? And which version were you using before upgrading to Mavericks?

3. Duckman1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure which versions I had before, sorry. Didn't get a chance to check.

Does that mean any project that already exists won't show the timeline, but only new ones will?

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

No. Your Projects will be in "All Projects" in the iMovie Sidebar. Just double click a Project to load it in the Timeline.

5. Duckman1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yay, it worked! Thanks so much. You're a legend! :) :cool: :D