imovies tutorial ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sriteja25, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Sriteja25 macrumors member

i found out imovies tutorial on apple website http://www.apple.com/findouthow/movies/#enjoy is there any way to download these videos as i dnt be ol every time.

or is there any other tutorial videos which can be downloaded to learn iMovie for macbook pro.

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Just visit YouTube. There are tutorials there.

And for what it's worth... I'm fluent in Adobe Premier, FCP and most of Avid's products but I still can't figure out how to use iMovie. :(

3. simsaladimbamba

I have the same problem, fluent (as one can be after ten or so years) in Avid Media Composer and After Effects, but I can still not figure out iMovie.
    And often I had to create video DVDs, often used DVD Studio Pro, sometimes tried iDVD, and iDVD was too "complicated", as in it took longer to make a simple DVD than using DVDSP. Adobe Encore is another beast though, as I recently tried to use it again, but it took too long to get something simple done, and in the time I imported and transcoded the assets for Adobe Encore I could create three entire DVDs in DVDSP.

Strange how minds work.

And yes, take a look at YouTube tutorials, as Apple's own videos are not really easy to download, if they are even able to be downloaded.

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

What is wrong with us? :eek:

I remember it took me an hour to "flip" iMovie's timeline to the bottom of the screen where any respectable NLE should have it. I just couldn't wrap my head around it. :D

OP: Searching "imovie tutorial" in Youtube returned almost a half million hits. (Somehow, I don't think it's as intuitive as Apple would lead us to believe).