Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khunxhor

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
los angeles
Hey everyone..I'm was reading up on the macbooks and came across this forum...ive been doing alot of research and am looking at purchasing one...the 2.2Ghz white to be specific... had some quick questions about it

okay so here goes..

I read the thread on the macbook touch..is that realistic??...if so..how much will that drive up the cost? (approximately/guesses?)

The reason im interested is because I can get the mb with an educational discount....and even though its like 150 or 200 cheaper...thats ALOT for me as a student...im really excited about finally investing in a mac so i dont want to wait another week...but if the "touch" or whatever it is, is around the same price range....will it be worth it??....and wont the first version of it have glitches...like the iphone?

any insight is appreciated:)

thanks for all your help....

-evelyn

paul.b.davis

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2007
Over the hills and far away...
well, if you need it now, then get it...

but if you feel like you could really use the features of a tablet style mac, then wait, but prepare to be disappointed because there have been rumors about this for years i believe.

also, i would definately expect the price to be a good bit higher than a MacBook

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
Hey everyone..I'm was reading up on the macbooks and came across this forum...ive been doing alot of research and am looking at purchasing one...the 2.2Ghz white to be specific... had some quick questions about it

okay so here goes..

I read the thread on the macbook touch..is that realistic??...if so..how much will that drive up the cost? (approximately/guesses?)

The reason im interested is because I can get the mb with an educational discount....and even though its like 150 or 200 cheaper...thats ALOT for me as a student...im really excited about finally investing in a mac so i dont want to wait another week...but if the "touch" or whatever it is, is around the same price range....will it be worth it??....and wont the first version of it have glitches...like the iphone?

any insight is appreciated:)

thanks for all your help....

-evelyn

get it now. you wont' regret it. if they ever come out with a touch mac book look forward to spending some serious money right away. seeing as though you are a student i would just go for it!

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
No technology will come to the Macbook before it comes to the Macbook Pro. Apple will not offer blazing new technology at rock bottom prices while leaving the silver line in the dust--never has, never will. Unless you've got two grand burning a hole in your pockets (and as a fellow student, I doubt it), get the Macbook, and be happy with it.

xpovos

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Tennessee
It's almost certain you won't see a "MacBook touch" anytime real soon. Ultra-portable MacBook Pro, maybe. Either of these would likely be priced more in line with current MacBook Pros than current MacBooks. And yes, there's a reason that seasoned Apple users tend to avoid first revisions of a product: they've been burned by rev A glitches one too many times. I certainly learned that lesson the hard way.

The current MacBook is early in the update cycle, and the MacBook line has tended to be much less problematic and much more reliable than the MacBook Pro line. (I don't have statistics for that, but I'm basing it on my own experience with 11 MacBook Pros---10 of which were bad---as well as 5 MacBooks---all 5 of which are still problem-free. I'm also basing it on the experience and friends and family.)

khunxhor

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
los angeles
merci

great! im so excited and im sure ill be back with more questions in the near future once i start working w/ a mac for the first time...thanks for all your help...happy holidays.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.