Imperfect Screen on the new iPod Touch 2G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jbsengineer, Sep 17, 2008.

1. jbsengineer macrumors newbie

Anyone have a perfect screen without the usual dust, stuck/dead pixels, etc? If you do have some stuck pixels how many are you seeing?

2. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

I have never seen any dead pixels on any ipod (in person). I've had 7 ipods over the years. So far nothing.

3. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

I don't have even single one. first gen, iphone don't have neither.

4. Taylorloehr macrumors newbie

My new iPod Touch gen 2 has 1 stuck/dead pixel, so i am going to exchange it.

5. seamustry macrumors member

let's say that dust gets under the ipod touch screen...does warranty cover this and will i get an exchange for it?

i have a cell phone where there is soo much dust under the screen that it's hard to read it...

6. jrok18 macrumors regular

This may be a dumb question but what is a dead pixel?

7. wouteh macrumors newbie

I just send my 5th ipod touch 1st gen to apple, because again I found a few stuck pixels, its my second ipod I send to apple, the other 3 I had sended back to the store!

So now i have wrote an letter with the ipod with suggestions..

lets see.

8. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

It's a pixel that's doesn't respond like the rest of them. E.g. it stays a certain colour (white, for example) so when you're watching a video and a dark scene is on, you will see the 'dead' pixel.

9. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

Since the pixels are so small it's hard to notice. I have 1 itty bitty tiny pixel that's stuck on green, but it's not worth exchanging for. I don't really notice it unless I'm looking for it. Plus, exchanging it would mean sending it back to Apple, if they will engrave a new one for me. If I exchange it at an Apple Store, I doubt they have engraving equipment on-site.