Import Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 AVCHD project file into Final Cut Pro 7

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by segalmedia, Jun 25, 2012.

1. segalmedia macrumors newbie

Jun 25, 2012
    I work in Adobe PPro CS5 and am collaborating on a video project with a colleague that uses Final Cut Pro 7. I have done research on how to do this and am still having trouble. All seems easy enough with the Adobe portion - I am exporting the project with Export/Final Cut Pro XML option (I have my media files on an external hard drive on my computer - just an fyi) . We then took the project to FCP 7, logged and transferred the footage and then imported the project. I see the timeline with the basic framework correct, but the media is offline. We are unable to reconnect the media. Is there a good tutorial online? I've tried youtube etc.

Thanks so much

P.S. I am NOT worried about transitions or other edits translating to FCP. I am just doing a very basic edit.
  2. mBox macrumors 68020

Jun 26, 2002
    Automatic Duck I do believe allows cross transfers.
    The plug-in is free now since Wes Plate moved over to Adobe.
    Google it.
  3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    When say you were unable to reconnect the files do you mean that FCP wouldn't auto reconnect them or that you couldn't manually reconnect them? What error/errors were you getting when trying to reconnect the files? What codec are the files in? Are they in the same codec on both systems?

I think the Duck does Avid, FCP & AE but not Premiere.

4. mBox macrumors 68020

Jun 26, 2002
    Really? Ive only ever used the AE to Avid and back.