Import and iMovie question, basic but tricky

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dancingchiapet, Oct 9, 2010.

1. dancingchiapet macrumors newbie

Jul 21, 2009
    Hi all,

I want to import some video but first I have a problem. When my powerbook G4 all but died a few years ago I lost everything. When revamped it I got a disc of iLife 08 with iMovie HD. Problem was, the newer version of iMove wouldn't install on my older laptop. I didn't think much of it at the time because I didn't need it then, but I do now.

So, I'm trying to import video (MiniDV) from my Canon Elura 60 to my laptop. I know I have the right firewire cable because i used it before; not long after I originally bought everything. Now that I don't have iMovie to import into I'm stuck. I've tried finding older free versions of iMovie, but all I find are updates. I tried downloading a free video editor (t@b ZS4) but it's not showing a feature of importing directly from my camera.

Any advice?

I imagine the answer is using the right software, but I don't want to pay for software for an old laptop and camera.
  2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    do you have the disks that came with your powerbook, ilife should be one of those disk.