import device showing in Aperture when not connected

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by frankmezz, Jul 21, 2011.

1. frankmezz macrumors newbie

I have no camera's, iphones, or ipads connected to my Mac but Aperture is showing i have my wife's and my iPhone connected when i press the import button. when i click on the phantom devise boxes show up with no pictures in them. of course i cannot import anything that shows and i get an error message saying file cannot be found. When i plug in my iPhone it show up again, but on the same boxes with no picture (data) in them show up.

how do i clean out the "import" tab to stop thinking there is a device attached and there is not? screen shot attached. neither phone is connected to the mac.

2. frankmezz thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is same post with attachment. sorry.

I have no camera's, iphones, or ipads connected to my Mac but Aperture is showing i have my wife's and my iPhone connected when i press the import button. when i click on the phantom devise boxes show up with no pictures in them. of course i cannot import anything that shows and i get an error message saying file cannot be found. When i plug in my iPhone it show up again, but on the same boxes with no picture (data) in them show up.

how do i clean out the "import" tab to stop thinking there is a device attached and there is not? screen shot attached. neither phone is connected to the mac.

Attached Files:

3. frankmezz thread starter macrumors newbie

I just rebooted the Mac and the issue is gone.

4. ogee macrumors 6502

interesting, i have the same issue, even after reboot.