Import FF bookmarks to Safari 4?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iammike1, Feb 26, 2009.

1. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

I mean....maybe I'm crazy but I didn't see the option when I installed....and I can't find any option for it in Safari 4....tell me I'm wrong?

2. dondiego87 macrumors newbie

There is no way to do it natively in Safari 4 that I know of. You can use the Foxmarks extension for the same result, however. Install Foxmarks in Firefox, sync, then install Foxmarks in Safari 4. When asked, choose "Keep bookmarks on the server; discard bookmarks on this computer." Now your Firefox bookmarks are in Safari 4! Plus, they stay synchronized.

Note: Foxmarks for Safari 4 only works on machines running Leopard (10.5.6).

3. danny_w macrumors 601

Another vote for Foxmarks! I just wish that they had a Windows version, but since I have MobileMe I only need it installed on 1 computer and all of the others sync with MM. It's great to finally be able to keep FF and Safari in sync!

4. si77hay macrumors regular

Another vote for Foxmarks. How this remains free I'll never know!

5. swank1x macrumors newbie

You don't need third party apps. Its all built in.

1. Export bookmarks to HMTL from FF.
    2. In menu bar, click File>Import Bookmarks.
    3. Browse to your bookmarks.html file and click Open.

Note: same process on Windows and Mac, except in Windows version you need to be sure the Menu Bar is enabled. Click little gear icon on right hand side next to the bug report button, and click on "Show Menu Bar."

6. noodlehead macrumors member

FF bookmarks will not import

I tried the "import bookmarks" in Safari, and all I get is a folder called "imported 5/7/10". It contains only the bookmarks that came as defaults in FF (FF help, etc). No others. Have latest Safari & FF.