Import MP3s

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by KeepCalmPeople, Nov 18, 2017.

1. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Anticipating a relaxing hour at the local coffee shop editing some audio recordings, I pack my iPad Pro, lightning to SD card adapter, and SD card containing mp3s.

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised, but you STILL can only copy images and video off SD cards.
    Apparently I have to plug the SD card into an actual computer, upload to iCloud, then I can download to GarageBand etc.

So much for a post-PC world...

2. cbautis2 macrumors 6502a

3. KeepCalmPeople thread starter macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Thanks - I know there are many ways of getting mp3s onto the iPad, but every single one of them requires the use of another intermediary device. It’s crazy.

4. Jjayf macrumors 6502

The one biggest beef I have with iOS and Apple ecosystem is the inability to add audio directly to a device. I find iTunes clunky, inconvenient and nonintuitive. This will never change.

5. Jaydecrystal macrumors newbie

Jaydecrystal

Can anyone help me? I am trying to make meditation tracks and had purchased some Mp3 ambients for background music but when I upload them into garageband the sound quality and track changes...I can't figure out why or how to keep it the same...none of my other tracks do this- if just taken from imusic