Import SIM contacts...???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rye9, Jun 25, 2010.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Okay, so I got my iPhone 4 yesterday, and I gave my little brother my old iPhone 3G. To do that, I simply put his SIM from his old cell phone into my old iPhone, and then plugged it into his computer with all of his info and what not... and then set up as new phone.

So, was that all the correct process?

Now my question is how do I get his OLD contacts from his OLD phone on there? I tried importing the SIM contacts... but it didn't work... is he S.O.L.?

Thanks

2. Psycdude macrumors member

I had the same issue with my friend who I gave my 3gs to. The solution was the following:
    1. For his phone (a Motorola something) I had to go through the contact menu and select all of his contacts, then save them to the sim (usually it stores them on the phone). Other options involved buying overprices software or trying your luck at AT&T.
    2. Then I removed the sim (with the contacts now on it, limited to about 240 of them) and put it back into the 3gs.
    3. Finally, found the import contacts from sim on the 3gs and were were good to go.

The whole process took about 10-15 minutes, much faster than entering in 240 contacts by hand.

Good luck!