Import To imovie

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JamesGorman, Dec 8, 2011.

1. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Hey guys,

I just got my quad core macbook pro (2.2) and Im trying to import some video into iMovie. I have a 720p clip, length is about 50 minutes, and its saying its going to take 9 hours to process the event. Is there anyway to speed this up? Different file format? or anything like that? I was under the impression that switching to the quad core would drastically reduce my waiting time for things like this.

Any help is appreciated!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you tried converting it to a different file format? What format is it in?

3. JamesGorman, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011

JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Right now Im using .m4v ... What file format would you suggest?

Hey all, sorry to be so persistent, but does anyone have any suggestions? I really am hoping to have this done by Midnight on Friday, spanish time.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Actually, I just tested importing a 2.2GB .m4v movie and a 2.2GB .mp4 movie. They both looked like they would take 5-8 hours to import, so I'm not sure there's any way around that. I rarely use iMovie.

5. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Hmm, that is rather unfortunate...Do you think using final cut would speed it up?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't know. I've never used it. You might want to poke around the Digital Video forum, as they're more likely to have the information you're looking for. This thread really doesn't relate to MacBook Pros as much as it relates to Mac Applications or Digital Video.

7. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

I just posted in that forum, thanks for the help!