Import video into eyetv?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wtseq, Nov 27, 2007.

1. wtseq macrumors newbie

Anyone know if it's possible to import a video from dvd into eyetv? They have a streaming feature that sends video to the ipod touch over wireless, but i only can see how to do it for tv shows....any ideas?

2. PROBE macrumors newbie

Import to content into eyeTV for streaming.

Hi,

I just had a try at solving this.

As far as i know, eyetv converts recordings to h.264 in order to stream them, and then saves them in the same folder as the original recording. So, all i did to test my workaround was to convert some AVIs to h.264 in iTunes, then record a few seconds of tv in eyetv. Next, in eyeTV, I converted the short recording to be streamed, then right clicked on the file inside the EyeTV Archive folder to "show package contents" I then copied the name of the .m4v file before deleting it. Next I dragged in the movie I had previously converted to h.264 in iTunes and renamed it by pasting in the name of the file I had just trashed. That's it!

When you open up your ipod/iphone, your eyetv is tricked into thinking it's streaming you the originally recorded program. You might want to replace the.tiff file inside the package as otherwise the preview picture will show a still from the original content rather than your movie.

If anyone else knows an easier way to do all this, or perhaps a script/app than can automate the process then let me know.

3. vsbalint macrumors newbie

EyeTv import

could you please send me a small movie in eyetv format?