Import WMA music from Zen Micro 8GB to iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mclmk8d, Nov 22, 2008.

1. mclmk8d macrumors newbie

mclmk8d

I have a Creative Zen Microphoto with 8GB of precious music on it that I would like to put on my just purchased MBP. Is it possible to put them on (I would guess into iTunes) and if so, what is the easiest and best process. If it can be done, would they be sorted by artist/album/track number or some other way. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

If your MacBook Pro is new, and you have been using a Creative Zen Micro, I would assume that your previous computer was a PC. If this is the case, when you first install iTunes on a PC it gives you the option to find and convert all WMA music on the computer to AAC. If your old PC has all of this WMA music of your on it, getting the Windows version of iTunes to convert them and then just copying the AACs to the MBP would be my suggestion

3. cuestakid macrumors 68000

alternatively, you can download an app called switch which I have used in the past to convert files and is pretty quick-I am not sure what it would do to the metadata of your files
    here is the link
    http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

4. mclmk8d thread starter macrumors newbie

mclmk8d

Unfortunately, I no longer have the PC, that is with my ex-wife in CT. I just bought a previous gen MBP from Apple's clearance section using my education discount (I'm a teacher).
    Are there any other apps that will do the conversion. Would I connect the Zen to the laptop using a USB cable?

5. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Yes, you use the usb cable.
    Just install this software, on your mac, then drag the files out, and from there all you need to do is convert them(that is if you want to convert them).