Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
Hey, me again. :)

Another question related to the setting up of the new iMac for my parents. They were using Yahoo webmail, but I set up Mail with the POP settings on the new iMac. However, they would appear to have lost all the folders that were on the webmail system, and the emails in them. They are still all on the webmail system.. but Mail didn't download them. Is there a way to import the webmail folders into Mail, and the emails in them?

Thanks a lot.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
XIII said:
Hey, me again. :)

Another question related to the setting up of the new iMac for my parents. They were using Yahoo webmail, but I set up Mail with the POP settings on the new iMac. However, they would appear to have lost all the folders that were on the webmail system, and the emails in them. They are still all on the webmail system.. but Mail didn't download them. Is there a way to import the webmail folders into Mail, and the emails in them?

Thanks a lot.

1. Log in to the webmail system.

2. Move the messages from the subfolder into the main Inbox.

3. Download them on the Mac.

4. Put them into subfolders on the Mac.

Sorry. That's the only way with Yahoo Mail. (And most webmails, for that matter.) Any webmail system that only allows webmail or POP, this is the only way to do it. If your webmail provider supports IMAP (Like .Mac mail,) then subfolders will transfer. But not over POP.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
ehurtley said:

Sorry. That's the only way with Yahoo Mail. (And most webmails, for that matter.) Any webmail system that only allows webmail or POP, this is the only way to do it. If your webmail provider supports IMAP (Like .Mac mail,) then subfolders will transfer. But not over POP.

Thanks a lot. I'll do that.. its not too bad. :) I thought I may have lost the messages..

turboultra

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2010

I'm having the same problem, but the thing that's bothering me is that my iPod touch can see the Yahoo folders no problem, so it must be at least be theoretically possible for mail to see them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.