Important information for Sonos Mac Users

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Hberg, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Hberg macrumors member

Received this email today from Sonos

Important information for Sonos Mac users

Dear Valued Sonos Customer,

Our records show that you are a user of the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac. As you may know, Apple has released an upgrade to its Mac OS X software, version 10.7 (Lion).

The new Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) release is not compatible with your current Sonos system if your Music Library is stored on your Mac.

We will have an update to your Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac very soon and will notify you when it is available. In the meantime, please stay with your current version of OS X.

If you have any questions please contact our Technical Support team at:

www.sonos.com/support/contact

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Sincerely,

The Sonos Quality Team

2. peterbr macrumors newbie

3. Hberg thread starter macrumors member

All I can do is use the information that was sent to me by Sonos, and with that information I cancelled my order for a 2.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 Mac Mini with SSD.

If there was a way to install Snow Leopard on the new Mac Mini, I would seriously consider reordering the new Mac Mini. In the mean time I am going to have to wait for the dust to settle before upgrading my current Mac Mini.

4. martijnvandijk macrumors member

must be iCloud streaming support

wouldn't that be nice. no need to keep my system up and running all the time just to listen to my music...

probably just dreaming