Important Leopard & Time Machine Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ClassicBean, Oct 20, 2007.

1. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

I am intrigued by Leopard's new Time Machine feature and I am considering upgrading from Tiger exclusively for this very cool feature alone.

However, I just finished building my own time machine and will begin testing the device in the coming days.

Assuming everything works, my question is should I bother upgrading to Leopard? Or, should I save the $129 and just travel back in time via my own temporal displacement device in the event of a missing file or a hard drive crash?

Keep in mind that my device is designed to only travel backwards in time and then back to present day. I cannot travel forwards in time so please refrain from any "Go to the future and get the next Mac OS" comments.

Thanks.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Does your time machine allow Stacks on the dock? If not, get the upgrade...

3. ClassicBean thread starter macrumors 6502a

No. My time machine has nothing to do with an actual operating system. It is simply a device that allows me to travel through time, much like in Time Cop, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure or the popular Back to the Future trilogy.

4. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Dude, temporal paradoxes are totally not cool. You're basically asking us if buying something for $129 is better that instantiating a series of haphazard tears in the space time continuum? In 2002 I accidently invented a retcon-cannon, a device that when properly calibrated renders objects retroactively non-existent through time. I started out with little items in the house, and gradually moved up to public sculptures I considered profoundly ugly. Now, George Bush is President instead of Al Gore, and I can't figure out which item did it.

Just say NO to temporal manipulation... unless its in Leopard.

~ CB

5. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

You know, you could always use it to keep going back in time to the day of the release of leopard (assuming you waited past the release date of leopard) and either stop urself from buying it, or keep going back in time, to the apple store, until you win the door prize :)

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

cleverboy im back... back from the future and leopard is totally awesome and worth the $129... GREAT SCOTT!

7. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Then you would lose the information/files etc you created in the time from you noticing a misplaced file or system crash. Hmm... its a tough one?

You are going to lose something somewhere along the line, unless you go back in time and assassinate Steve Jobs, so the home computer revolution never takes place. That way you will never be in a position to lose any files, because you wouldn't have a computer.

8. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Sigh. Nobody listens. The timestream's just your own personal playground isn't it? Looked at your family photo album lately? Anything... um, different? Uh, huh. Don't say I never did anything for ya.

~ CB