IMPORTANT: MPB wont boot up!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by klikendish, May 31, 2012.

1. klikendish macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    i am desperate,
    here is the situation:

I have a macbookpro5,1 (2009) 15inches

my battery stopped working, so i threw it away (in the battery bin) so right now, i have a macbook without battery. I will be able to buy a new one in about 2 weeks.

My macbook would not start up without the battery(it was plugged to the AC adapt.)

i figured out that by plugging it ang holding the power button few seconds, then realinsing it, then pressing it would turn it on but once on, the fans would run FULL SPEED and the 'function keys such as keyboard light or sound would not work.

a SMC reset is impossible.

i decided to format my SSD and reinstall lion but now ly recovery dusk says something like: " could not find the necessary information on this disk"

PLEASE HELP

i spent already too much money on that computer with the RAM and The SSD!!

will it get better just by using a battery or...?

thanks in advance!!

2. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I can't remember what mode you're putting your Mac in, but what you are experiencing is normal I think.

It's something like a hardware override mode, where your laptop disables sensors and extra hardware in order to just boot up. Your fans run at full speed, and many of the features of your laptop will not work.

I thought this was only triggered by holding down the power button while you insert the battery, but maybe you found a different way to trigger it. Putting your battery back in is probably your best bet. Even though the battery doesn't work, why do you want to toss it immediately?

But yea... I can't remember what the mode is called and I can't seem to find it either. Maybe someone else can chime in. But from what I see so far, it's expected behavior for what you're doing.