Important question about imac 24" screen (problem or normal?)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Bloomg, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Bloomg macrumors newbie

Greetings , i bought an imac some time ago (early 2009 version) , and it's great .

One thing i noticed from first day is that if i stand up next to the screen and ending up in highish viewing angle , it looks like the screen has alot of dirt particles or so .

More noticeable on light backgrounds such as white etc , or this forum .

My question is : is this normal ? i mean it doesn't affect me when i'm sitting in front of the desk etc but wondering if this is ok or some issue with the screen ?

Thanks in advance for your answers , have other screens around but never noticed it like on this one .

To be more specific , when standing up normally and looking at the screen from that elevated position it loks like there are som edots that look like dust on the screen (if the background is white or so) , it's like what my hp lp24w something looks like since it always looks like it has some sort of dust on the screen layer .

So just wondering if this is normal or if it's related with the extreme viewing angle and there's nothing to worry about .

Thanks once again

2. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I'm not an iMac genius, but mine doesn't do it. maybe you just need to clean the actual monitor (behind the glass panel).

You can take it off by using a suction cup, plunger, or even tape (haven't tried that because of the residue). Just put the suction cup on the top portion of the glass panel, right near the iSight camera, and pull out - it is held on by magnets.

3. Bloomg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply , just found it odd because i had that thing since the first day .

It's only noticeable if you are viewing it from top angle and pretty close to the monitor .

Will try using the sucton cups and see if it helps , thanks (or maybe it's just paranoia)