Important question about O2 and transferring your number!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blimeyoriley, Jul 19, 2008.

1. blimeyoriley macrumors member

I have read that if you want to keep your old number you have to hand over your PAC code when buying the iPhone.

Is there a possibility that i could transfer my number After buying my iPhone??

Has anyone done this??

I have asked Virgin for the code - they said i'd have to wait about a week for it to arrive in the post, but i really want to get my iPhone tomorrow!!

2. fruitbat04 macrumors newbie

It doesn't have to be straight away. I got my iphone delivered from O2 and phoned up and sorted out the number transfer the next day (was done on Wednesday)

3. blimeyoriley thread starter macrumors member

aah ok thats good news!! were you able to use it fully during the number transfer??

4. adrianr macrumors member

Anytime within 28 days of your contract starting :) Gave them my PAC code from my old Tmobile number on the Monday, text on the Tuesday saying it would be done at 9am on the Wednesday, and was! Painless!

5. blimeyoriley thread starter macrumors member

aah thats music to my ears!!! i guess ill be up early tomorrow at regent street queueing for my black 16gb!!! (or should i get whitee!.. :p)

6. stomer macrumors 6502a

BTW, you don't have to wait for Virgin to mail you the PAC code. Once it's been generated, they will give it to you over the phone. I don't have much trust in Virgin these days so I made a point of calling them each day to confirm that they did receive my request.

Now I'm waiting on O2 to port my number, which should have been last Friday but they've told me it'll be this Monday instead.

7. fruitbat04 macrumors newbie

Yup! There was probably only 2 hours of downtime on the morning that the numbers were transferred. The O2 website updated as well with my new mobile number!