Important Read B4 Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Panzo, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Panzo macrumors 6502

make sure you perform all your carrier settings updates before jailbreaking with jailbreakme.com.

If you do not do so it will ask you to update carrier settings every time you sync to itunes, repeatedly, no matter how many times it says it has completed successfully.

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

That's what happened before when the jailbreak botched up the permissions on the network settings (the cause of facetime and mms issues). But now the jailbreak is fixed that shouldn't happen anymore.

3. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

i can confirm its still happening, play it safe, run carrier settings before jailbreak.

4. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Are you sure? I had the exact same problem but that was before comex fixed the jailbreak. Your issue sounds exactly like the permissions error he fixed. Did you jailbreak before or after he fixed the jailbreak? It shouldn't affect new jailbreaks.

5. PanamaRed macrumors newbie

i jailbroke my ip4 and left to a friends house. Didnt have mms or face time after jb. I jb right when it was pretty much first released because i had comex on notifications from twitter.

Didnt sync to itunes yet. Got home that same day, installed the update that fixed mms and face time.

didnt sync up with itunes till right now when i read this post. Everything synced fine.

6. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

I ran the jailbreak before the fix, it did not ask me to update carrier settings. I just didn't have MMS and facetime. Updated cydia once the fix was out and I had MMS and facetime again.

The only other problem I have with the jailbreak is the pixels at the top during a respring, but I think I'll manage to live with that somehow.

7. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Everyone has that. Interesting fact. Those pixels you see are the jailbreak exploit payload encrypted as pixel colours stored in the picture frame buffer.

8. circularforward macrumors 6502

Hmm, that is an interesting fact. I was wondering about those pixels....