Imported All Events From iMovie to FCPX, can I delete iMovie Events Folder?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Tydog07, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Tydog07 macrumors 6502

Now that I have imported all the footage from iMovie into FCPX, I have two events folders, one for iMovie and one for FCPX, and since I haven't created anything in iMovie since the transfer, is it safe to delete the iMovie events folder? I have the FCPX events folder and they are the same size.

2. Tydog07 thread starter macrumors 6502

After I transferred the final cut events/projects and just the iMovie projects folder to my external hdd, Final Cut didn't even hesitate but I see that I may have not moved everything, does FCPX store some footage/data in iMovie? I have the following screen shots to show you guys what I'm talking about.

Although I could work in FCPX without hesitation, I got that properties and sharing box that I have never seen before loaded on the right hand side of my screen.

Attached Files:

3. Tydog07 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. musique macrumors regular

musique

I haven't yet purchased FCPX (still using FCS), but I have a suggestion: Change the name of the directory that has the iMovie footage in it. That might help you to know if FCPX is looking for it.

5. Tydog07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good suggestion, I'll give that a try today!

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Verify that everything is copied to the Final Cut Events folder and then you can delete iMovie events without losing your video in Final Cut.